The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) will host a series of waste pesticide collections in seven east central and metro Minnesota counties from Tuesday, August 19, through Wednesday, September 10, 2014. Through these free collection events, Minnesota homeowners and farmers can safely dispose of unwanted and unusable pesticides.
MDA has collected over 5.25 million pounds around the state since the program started in 1990. The program accepts unwanted, unusable agricultural and consumer-type pesticides including insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and rodenticides. However, crop oils, adjuvants, pesticide rinsate, fertilizer, treated seed, contaminated soil and empty pesticide containers will not be accepted. The collections are open to farmers, homeowners, commercial pesticide applicators, golf courses, lawn care companies, structural pest control operators and other pesticide users. No pre-registration is required.
Collection sites will accept up to 300 pounds of eligible product at no cost. MDA requests that citizens call 651-201-6562 to provide advance notification if they wish to drop off more than 300 pounds of product.
• MDA collections will be held at the following locations and times:
• Anoka County: August 19, Metropolitan Mosquito Control District, Andover, 9-11 am
• Isanti County: August 19, Federated Coop, Isanti, 2-4 pm
• Benton County: August 20, City Garage, Foley, 9-11 am
• Mille Lacs County: August 20, Mille Lacs Soil Services, Foreston, 2-4 pm
• Scott County: August 26, Metropolitan Mosquito Control District, Jordan, 9-11 am
• Hennepin County: September 10, Spikes Feed, Seed and Pet Supply, Loretto, 9-11 am
• Ramsey County: September 10, Ramsey County Public Works, Arden Hills, 2-4 pm
For more details, contact the MDA Pesticide and Fertilizer Management Division at 651-201-6562.
This information was provided by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.