Be part of a non-profit organization that is making the world a healthier place. Healthy Building Network (HBN) is growing! We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant that will have a critical role in enhancing the effectiveness of HBN’s Chief Executive Officer, Founder and Board President, and Leadership Team.
HBN is a national organization that envisions a future where all people and the environment thrive when chemical hazards are eliminated. Our mission is to advance human and environmental health by improving chemical hazard transparency and inspiring product innovation. Since 2000, HBN has been the leading national organization to pioneer technology platforms, research, and policies that elevate human health to a top priority. To advance our mission we partner with companies like Google, research universities like Harvard, and non-profit environmental and housing sectors. It is an exciting and growing industry and HBN needs a motivated and energetic Executive Assistant who will help us achieve our ambitious goals.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment of a geographically distributed organization that is mission-driven, results motivated, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, demonstrated administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
● Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing active calendars; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex
and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
● Communicates directly on behalf of the senior staff with Board members, donors, foundation staff, outside partners and others, on matters related to HBN’s programmatic initiatives.
● Works closely and effectively with the senior staff to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
● Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the ability senior executives to effectively lead the organization.
● Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
● Formats and edits notices, invitations, fact sheets, Power Points and reports.
Board Support and Liaison:
● Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to HBN’s board of directors
● Assist with the assembly and distribution of Board Packages and Minutes
● Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
● Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
● Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including meeting schedules and advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic and/or paper format.
● A preference for five years of experience supporting C Level Executives
● Demonstrable organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
● Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
● Expert level written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
● Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
● Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and
● Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced and virtual work environment
● Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
● Proficient in GSuite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
LOCATION: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area, Minnesota
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes
employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation and unplanned leave, and access to
401(k) retirement program.
How to apply: email in PDF format a letter of interest, resume and writing samples or other sample projects to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. Applications accepted until position is filled.
HBN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.