Community Residential Supervisor
$25.53 – $37.05/ Hourly
Join our team as a State of Minnesota employee!
Minnesota State Operated Community Services (MSOCS) is seeking dedicated human services professionals to manage the daily operations of two (2) residential group homes in the Brainerd area, which support adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges.
The rewarding Community Residential Supervisor role offers a unique mix of program management, staff supervision, and direct care duties.
This position provides supervision of employees, ongoing direction for treatment service delivery, management of fiscal resources, oversight of professional and other services contracts, and maintenance of the physical environment for assigned program sites. Also functions as Designated Manager, plus Administrator of Records, for each site.
- Responsibilities include:
- Lead staff in the assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of customized treatment plans that incorporate the wishes, preferences, and goals of each individual;
- Schedule and supervise employees in compliance with labor agreements and plans so that individuals receive quality services;
- Manage the budget for each site so individuals receive maximum benefits from monies available;
- Support clients in maintaining a pleasant home environment according to their preferences, needs, rights, privacy, safety, and dignity;
- Assist residents to maintain optimal health, along with encouraging them to become involved in community activities, events, and organizations;
- Develop training for employees and continue professional development as it relates to supervision and developmental disabilities and related condition
- Skills in word processing and spreadsheets;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meet the requirements of a Designated Coordinator:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services-related field AND at least one year of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or who are at least 65 years old; OR
- Associate degree in a human services-related field AND at least two years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or who are at least 65 years old; OR
- Diploma in a human services-related field AND at least three years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or who are at least 65 years old; OR
- At least 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities AND at least four years of full-time work experience providing direct care services – under the supervisor of a person who meets the qualifications in one of the categories above – to persons with disabilities or who are at least 65 years old.
- One year of experience writing or overseeing program plans;
- Considerable knowledge of the care and treatment of mentally ill, developmentally disabled, emotionally disturbed, chemically dependent, adolescent, TBI, or geriatric clients;
- Valid driver’s license
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Apply online www.mn.gov/careers, Search for job ID# 20873