First, Let Us Introduce Ourselves
We are the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging, a leader, advocate and partner in the 7-county Twin Cities metropolitan region. As an agency focused on the many aspects of aging well, we support communities, health care, individuals, caregivers and others to help the population age successfully. We are entrepreneurial, innovative and growing – a perfect environment for a curious and creative person interested in supporting independence and healthy aging.
- What Type of Individual Are We Looking For?
Passionate about providing the highest standard of quality service, commitment and courtesy in working with volunteers and consumers
- Passion about working in a mission-focused nonprofit, aging services experience preferred
- Knowledgeable about volunteer management best practices
- Able to communicate comfortably and effectively one-on-one and to groups, in both written and oral formats
- Detail oriented, efficient and accurate
- Able to foster working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled in problem-solving and can navigate complex problems with multiple variables in a variety of situations
What Will You Be Doing?
- Coordinates volunteers using industry best practices (recruit, interview, orient, etc.)
- Schedules volunteers to community sites, events; provides appropriate materials
- Provides on-going volunteer education, training, support
- Communicates regularly with volunteers, written and oral
- Monitors volunteer performance; provides retraining as necessary
- Oversees records of all volunteers, follow-up and outcomes
- Actively engages with community partners, external and internal stakeholders
- Collaborates with Volunteer Programs and Outreach team to strategize and plan for future needs of MAAA’s Volunteer initiatives
- Contributes to a positive work and team-oriented environment
What Skills Do You Need to Be Considered for This Position?
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of volunteer management preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with complex problems with multiple variables in a variety of situations
Information & Assistance Program
Senior LinkAge Line Job Posting
- Expertise utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite in a work setting – specifically Outlook and
- Knowledge of Volgistics database preferred
What Are The Perks?
- Strong, consistent history of growth, financial stability, and effective leadership,
- Generous paid time off benefit of 26 days/year plus 8 holidays,
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life, and disability,
- Pension plan with 5% match,
- Professional challenge,
- Positive and collaborative work environment, and
- The opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing, and visionary organization.
To learn more about the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging, please explore our website.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume online at http://metroaging.org/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans