Public Health Program Name: Environmental Health
Worksite location: 2785 White Bear Ave N, Mplwd.
The Environmental Health Division of Saint-Paul Ramsey County Public Health has a position opening for a Planning Specialist 1. This is a permanent position working principally in the area of solid and hazardous waste management and other environmental health programs. The person in this position will work with Division staff, Ramsey/Washington Recycling and Energy Board staff, and consultants to help plan, organize, coordinate, and manage work in a number of program areas. The person in this position will work with other
Planning Specialists, Program Analysts, supervisors and other staff.
The person in this position should have knowledge and experience in project management, program implementation, strategic planning and policy development, understanding of environmental policy in Minnesota, and be skilled in research and evaluation.
Examples of projects and work assignments include:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the Ramsey County Solid Waste Management
- Coordinate evaluation of elements of the solid and hazardous waste programs, incorporating
performance management approaches into evaluation and reporting;
- Conduct research, evaluation and analysis for the Environmental Health Division;
- Conduct policy analysis, development of public policy options and preparation of planning
- Assist in evaluation and implementation of coordinated programs with Washington County;
- Coordinate elements of the Division’s work on community engagement, resiliency and
- Administer county solid waste grant programs;
- Analyze and evaluate data, participate in development of performance measures, and manage the Division’s work on the county’s Open Data Portal.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Health, Sociology, Environmental Science, Environmental Health, Natural Sciences, or Political Science.
Experience: Four years’ experience in planning, service delivery, or a related function appropriate to the department to which assigned.
Other: A Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Environmental Science or Environmental Health may substitute for two years of the required experience.
For more information and to apply go HERE.
Close Date: 5/31/2018 4:30 p.m.
Hiring Manager contact information
Name: Zachary Hansen Title: Division Manager
Email: Zack.email@example.com Phone: 651/266-1160