$19.14 – $25.83 /hourly; $39,964 – $53,933 /annually
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) has an opening for an Executive Assistant to support the Medical Director, Primary Care Medical Director, Chief Medical Officer, and other medical personnel at the Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center (AMRTC). Located just 15 minutes north of the Twin Cities, AMRTC is an inpatient psychiatric hospital serving adults with mental illness in a large, campus-based setting.
As the Executive Assistant, you will provide a wide variety of administrative, clerical, and program support services that have a facility-wide impact, including policy, personnel, legal, and budget issues. This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a complex, fast-paced environment that is subject to rapidly changing priorities and critical deadlines.
In this role, you will interact with stakeholders from all levels of DHS, as well as the Minnesota court system, county welfare agencies, healthcare networks/providers, public and private mental health agencies, and the general public. Much of this work is confidential in nature, so the Executive Assistant must be able to handle and communicate sensitive information appropriately, according to applicable guidelines, laws, and policies.
- Manage the daily operations and communications of the Medical Directors Executive Office.
- Maintain calendars, coordinate meetings and logistics, prepare agendas and other necessary materials, and compose meeting minutes.
- Serve as public relations liaison on behalf of the Medical Directors Executive Office, as well as confidential communication link between the senior managers and personnel within AMRTC and DHS.
- Coordinate the flow of reports, regulatory documents, and records moving throughout the Medical Directors Executive Office, and respond appropriately to time-sensitive materials.
- Develop and implement workflow processes, procedures, and accountability checks.
- Perform data entry and generate reports, plus assist in the development and maintenance of tracking information used in reporting and decision-making processes.
The State of Minnesota offers an excellent employee benefits package, including low-cost medical and dental insurance with affordable dependent coverage, employer paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
To qualify, you must have at least three (3) years of experience performing administrative functions, including at least one (1) year of experience supporting an executive or other senior-level manager. Experience should include responsibilities such as:
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, and managing logistics.
- Independent word processing of advanced correspondence, documents, and reports.
- Providing customer service to internal and external clientele.
In addition, you must have:
- Customer service skills sufficient to provide clear, concise, courteous, prompt, and effective service in person and via email, multi-line phone, or video conference.
- Data entry skills sufficient to locate, update and retrieve information in databases, including generate reports.
- Database management skills sufficient to assist in the development and maintenance of databases for tracking information used in reporting and decision-making processes.
- English language skills (writing, speaking, and reading) sufficient to communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Word processing skills sufficient to independently develop, format, and modify a variety of complex correspondence, documents, records, reports, and forms, using proper business English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Experience providing clerical or office support in a healthcare setting, such as hospital, clinic, or nursing home.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission regulations, data privacy laws, and Minnesota statutes.
- Knowledge of quality assurance, continuous improvement, and utilization management processes.
Apply online by TUESDAY, JUNE 12th at www.mn.gov/careers, search for job ID# 23967.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.