$16.48 – $21.85 /hourly; $34,410 – $45,623 /annually
Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center (AMRTC) has a full-time opening for a Unit Secretary provide clerical support services to assigned units. Located just 15 minutes north of the Twin Cities, AMRTC is an inpatient psychiatric hospital serving adults with mental illness in a large, campus-based setting.
This position works weekdays and is eligible for full benefits and insurance coverage. Join our team as a State of MN employee!
The Unit Secretary serves as a receptionist to the unit, responsible for performing clerical tasks that are essential to maintaining efficient unit operations. This includes managing patient medical records, greeting visitors, organizing written materials, and preparing reports using multiple procedures, including computers and other technical equipment. In addition, the Unit Secretary supports the operations of the facility overall through personal initiative, positive attitude, cooperation, and good work habit.
- Maintain a current, comprehensive medical record for all patients on the unit, from admission to
discharge, including current patient status.
- Transcribe physician orders in an accurate and timely manner, plus assist in arranging patient
appointments and transportation as ordered.
- Answer unit phone, direct calls, and relay messages between patients, staff, and other units.
- Communicate respectfully with patients, staff, and visitors, providing assistance as needed.
- Organize and keep sufficient quantity of various supplies on unit, ordering and restocking as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality according to all applicable laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Support the delivery of treatment that meets health and safety standards.
The State of Minnesota offers an excellent employee benefits package, including low-cost medical and dental
insurance with affordable dependent coverage, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability,
pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick
leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
To qualify, applicants must possess all of the following:
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Data entry skills sufficient to create database records and update entries or create and apply the basics of spreadsheets and supply/retrieve information in databases.
- Customer service skills sufficient to provide prompt, courteous and accurate information to a variety of customers over the phone, in person and via email.
- Word processing skills to develop and modify a variety of correspondence, records and reports; write and edit a variety of documents in business English using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Typing/keyboarding skills sufficient to take meeting minutes, complete a variety of reports, letters, and data summaries.
- Experience providing clerical or office support in a healthcare setting, such as hospital, clinic, or nursing
- Training or experience in medical administration or as a health unit coordinator.
Apply online by TUESDAY, JUNE 19th at www.mn.gov/careers, search for job ID# 24394
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.