BACKGROUND: Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (Legal Aid) provides a full range of free civil legal services to low-income persons, elderly persons, and persons with disabilities. Legal Aid is supported by funding from the State of Minnesota, the federal government, local governments, the United Way, foundations, local law firms and corporations, etc.
Legal Aid enjoys a good rapport with, and strong support from, the organized bar. The Fund for Legal Aid (The Fund) is a nonprofit organization that raises more than $1.3 million annually for Legal Aid; individuals, law firms, and corporations have become a reliable source for financial support. Legal Aid and The Fund engage in a range of fundraising activities including annual campaigns, special events, and the Law Day Dinner.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development/Administrative Support Specialist will be responsible for using Legal Aid’s fundraising software (Results Plus) to process all donations and deposits for Legal Aid. This includes depositing funds in the bank, data entry, processing thank you letters/emails, etc. Other duties include monitoring and invoicing outstanding pledges, research/maintenance of donor lists, and database maintenance and clean-up.
The Development/Administrative Support Specialist will also provide support and backup for Legal Aid’s Development Associate/Executive Assistant including providing support for the Executive Director, Deputy Director for Operations, and Development Director, including preparing for board meetings and support and promotion of large fundraising events.
Other duties as assigned.
- The ability and desire to relate to Legal Aid’s donors
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Flexible and able to multi-task and prioritize projects, and work under strict deadlines
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while staying focused on long-term tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Experience with databases preferred
- Able to learn new technologies, software systems, and processes as they are deployed
- Typing skills of at least 65 wpm preferred
- Able to generally work at the end of the calendar year as well as the first part of the new calendar year to meet accounting and fundraising deadlines
SALARY/BENEFITS: Full-time, hourly position. The starting full-time salary is $31,080 to $36,288, depending on experience. Benefits include family health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, vacation, and sick leave.
APPLICATIONS: Resume and a letter explaining interest in the position should be submitted online at www.mylegalaid.org/jobs by August 17, 2018.
Late applications will be considered until the position is filled. No calls please.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.