The Minnesota State High School League is seeking a visionary and effective director to manage internal technology functions, lead staff in improved technology skills, provide a dynamic and comprehensive website for all users, ensure a secure and productive infrastructure and improve our technical service to member schools, administrators, coaches, and officials. This position is a full-time, onsite, administrative position. Minimal travel required for conferences, workshops, and tournaments. Applications accepted beginning immediately through May 31, 2019.
- Serve as the Information Technology Director with overall responsibility for all aspects of League technology and the MSHSL Website.
- Engage employees and important stakeholders in strategic planning for all aspects of our technology services with a focus on performance, customer satisfaction, efficiency, cost-effectiveness,
- Responsible for management of League data including managing updates, back-ups, and archives.
- Communicate effectively with staff members, programming staff, and member schools regarding all aspects of technology.
- Lead the redesign of the MSHSL Website to increase effectiveness for all users including a mobile friendly platform.
- Determine the requirements for IT systems, based on the needs of member schools, coaches, officials, and League Staff members and implement new technology solutions to meet the identified needs.
- Design a technology training plan for all League Staff to grow technology skills and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot technology issues for staff members and member schools.
- Partner and monitor program service providers in meeting the needs of our tournaments, staff and member schools.
- Monitor and maintain network infrastructure, including switches, firewalls, wireless access systems and cabling.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree with evidence of continuing education. Additional certifications or degrees are desired.
- Demonstrated experience in articulating technology program needs and concerns and developing strategic plans.
- Experience and expertise using Windows platform and servers.
- Demonstrated expertise in the creation, improvement, and management of websites.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in small and large group settings.
- High proficiency and ability to train staff in desktop applications and effective use of technology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, administer and evaluate technology productivity and efficiency.
- Evidence of collaborative approach to increasing effectiveness of an organization through improved technology and staff skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Medical, dental, term life, and disability insurance, sick leave, vacation and other work related benefits.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Salary commensurate with professional qualifications, experience, and comparable positions in similar non-profit entities.
- Other benefits as may be provided by the Board of Directors.
- A one-page letter of interest in MSHSL employment.
- A comprehensive resume detailing technology skills and certifications, experiences with multiple platforms, responsibilities, and clients.
- Evidence of leadership of teams and/or departments.
- Specific information relative to the candidate’s development of organizational efficiencies, management and/or creation of website, content, and desire to continue personal growth. Provide examples of collaboration with colleagues, presentations or trainings at educational and technology seminars or similar workshops.
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three persons who can speak about the candidate’s skills in fulfilling the primary responsibilities of this position.
Announcement of position opening: May 3, 2019
Deadline for receiving applications: May 31, 2019
Announce selection of Director: June 20, 2019
Begin Employment: ASAP
For additional information, please access mshsl.org or contact Erich Martens, Executive Director, Minnesota State High School League, 2100 Freeway Blvd., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430-1735
Information requested for this position may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org