What you will be doing:
Leads the design and implementation of new and existing initiatives to meet the agency’s program development outcomes. Helps aging services organizations build
capacity and thrive in today’s environment. Operationalizes activities primarily through the ElderCare Development Partnership (EDP) contract with the state of Minnesota with emphasis on services for low-income seniors, underserved areas of the 7-county metro area, and other target populations. Current focus areas include: advancing health equity; development of community-based services for older adults and caregivers; redesign and sustainability of services; dissemination of evidence-based programs; and development of healthcare partnerships that integrate health care delivery with community-based aging services grounded in the goals of better care, healthier people and smarter spending
Service Development and Technical Support 70%
- Develops partnerships with external stakeholders (e.g. counties, aging services providers, minority and faith communities, and health care providers) to design
and implement services that help address identified gaps. Priority gaps include nonmedical assisted transportation, mental health services, and support of nurse faith community collaboration focused on dementia services.
- Builds relationships with communities of color to understand and address HCBS needs and to increase access to services.
- Leads the Live Well at Home (LWaH) framework expansion among a variety of health care and LTSS providers.
- Develops educational workshops for HCBS providers and others on effective, sustainable community-based aging services (e.g. designing for diversity, business planning and sustainability, addressing the needs of individuals with mental illness, building partnerships between health care and HCBS organizations, contracting requirements, and interpretation of public policy). Develops content and produces virtual format presentations (e.g.
webinars/podcasts) to assure efficient use of resources and broad access.
- Researches and offers solutions to HCBS providers to resolve challenges in service development, public policy issues, development of value proposition and
- Serves as a resource on trends that inform service innovation, health equity and quality improvement.
Project Management 30%
- Leads project planning and development for assigned projects. Facilitates meetings and workgroup activities with community partners. Works closely with
staff members assigned to EDP activities.
- Develops and implements project work plans. Ensures coordination and timely accomplishment of accountabilities defined by state of Minnesota EDP contract.
Nonprofit Consultant – Grants and Programs – ElderCare Development Partnership
- Maintains effective coordination with other private and publicly funded service development initiatives of the agency.
- Maintains effective communication across functions of the agency.
- With support from Communications Director, executes effective and strategic external communications with current and potential partners.
- Completes data, financial and narrative reports to project funders.
- Develops and manages subcontracts and other formal agreements with partners and others.
- Maintains project databases and tracking tools.
- Coordinates collection of evaluation data.
What this job requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, gerontology, health-related fields, education, public or business administration or related fields preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience at a professional level.
- Technical assistance/consultation in service development and dissemination in human services, healthcare or related environment.
- Experience implementing projects using a systems approach.
- Successful business and/or service development experience.
- Excellent project planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically and to catalyze innovation.
- Ability to manage competing tasks and demands while meeting deadlines.
- Strong peer leadership and experience partnering with diverse community leaders.
What Are the Perks?
- Strong, consistent history of growth, financial stability, and effective leadership
- Generous paid time off benefit of 26 days accrued/year plus 8 holidays
- Retirement savings plan with 5% match
- Professional challenge
- Positive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing and visionary organization
To learn more about this opportunity, please explore our website. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume online at https://metroaging.isolvedhire.com/jobs
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans