Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (Legal Aid) is seeking an attorney or paralegal to assist with an ongoing litigation seeking to advance the dignity, due process rights, and property and privacy interests of homeless people in our community who have been evicted from public spaces. This will be a temporary, full-time position on a pending class action in federal court that will commence as soon as possible and end on June 30, 2021.
Responsibilities may vary for the person hired and will focus on the discovery phase of the case, including:
- Discovery management
- Gather and catalog documents
- Assist with the drafting of a class certification motion
- Help organize summary judgment motion
- E-discovery management
- Data practices requests
- Apply the principles of Legal Aid’s Racial Justice Values Statement in work-related business and interactions
- Strong legal writing
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective litigation outcomes
- Proven record of effective case handling and outcomes
- Proficiency in using computers for word processing, data collection, and litigation management
- Proficiency using Windows and Microsoft Office is required
- Diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences preferred
- Skills in a language other than English preferred
- Attorney applicants must be licensed in Minnesota
Salary: $40.00 – $75.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and three job-related references. Apply online at: www.mylegalaid.org/employment by March 2, 2021, or until position is filled.
No calls please.
Starting date: as soon as possible after position is filled.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.