St. Paul Academy and Summit School seeks candidates for the position of Intercultural Life 6-12 Middle/Upper School Program Specialist.
About St. Paul Academy and Summit School:
St. Paul Academy and Summit School (SPA) is a coeducational, non-sectarian, college preparatory day school serving more than 920 students in kindergarten through grade 12. Our two campuses are located approximately a mile apart in St. Paul, Minnesota, serving Grades K-5 on our Goodrich Campus and Grades 6-12 on our Randolph Campus. The school draws students from St. Paul, Minneapolis, and throughout the eastern and western suburbs.
Our mission— shaping the minds and the hearts of the people who will change the world —is a promise to our students and our families, and it pushes us to be thoughtful about everything we do. It inspires us to be our best and reminds us that we have the responsibility to respect the unique potential in every child. Our mission gives us purpose and represents our greatest aspirations and values. But most of all, it reflects our deep belief in the talents and capabilities of our students.
For additional information about the school’s curriculum, community, and culture, please visit our website at www.spa.edu.
SPA is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) for every student, family, and faculty/staff member, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, home or first language, religion, national origin, or age. SPA seeks individuals who embody this commitment.
St. Paul Academy and Summit School will be adding to the Office of Intercultural Life a passionate and knowledgeable individual to serve in the role of an Intercultural Life Middle/Upper School Program Specialist (ILPS). This is a 10.5 month position. In this role, the ILPS will partner with and report to the Director of Intercultural Life to ensure support in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in student and community programming. Currently, DEI programming includes advisory curriculum, professional development, and leadership to support the recently launched defining diversity, equity and inclusion initiative at SPA.
As an Intercultural Life Middle and Upper School Program Specialist – with clarity, compassion, and a collaborative approach – this position will help promote a shared language and understanding related to anti-bias education and culturally responsive practices within the SPA community that aligns with the school’s mission.
Knowledge, Skills, & Dispositions:
● A passion for student achievement, educational equity, racial equity, and culturally responsive practices.
● Understanding and experience with identity development, racial/ethnic/religious-cultural frameworks, and LGBTQI+ communities
● Certified training in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion or allied fields.
● Able to operate effectively in diverse environments and interact successfully with people from widely varying backgrounds
● An understanding of culturally responsive and relevant pedagogy
● Social-Emotional Learning skills to navigate complex and sometimes emotionally charged situations and to foster a growth mindset of learning and growing from mistakes
● An approachable demeanor, collaborative nature, and demonstrated ability to establish rapport and trusting relationships
● Willingness to serve as a thought partner and resource for students and colleagues
● Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field; graduate degree preferred
● A minimum of three years of classroom teaching (grades 6-12) experience with evidence of culturally responsive pedagogy teaching culturally, linguistically, ethnically diverse students.
● Evidence of the practice of leading for diversity, equity, and inclusion in program development and implementation
● Previous leadership and administrative experience
● Effective cross-cultural communication skills
● Experience leading established affinity groups for students in Middle and Upper school grades
How to Apply:
The position includes a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of references. To apply, please visit our website at w ww.spa.edu/employment. St. Paul Academy and Summit School is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.