Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys is recruiting for a Vice President of Community Engagement, a critical senior leadership role responsible for two girl participation programs and authentic and responsive parent, volunteer, and community engagement strategies.
Our vision is to boldly lead as an anti-racist organization that uplifts and empowers every girl to know their worth and lead in their world.
THE VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT WILL:
- Lead the strategic development and execution of community engagement strategies to meet membership, program, and revenue objectives.
- Lead the strategic and operational responsibility of the Mentored Troops (volunteer-led with staff support) and Girl Scout ConnectZ programs (staff-led).
- Identify new high potential communities resulting in increased representation of girls and volunteers of color.
- Build authentic, mutually beneficially relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Hire, train, develop, and retain effective staff and lead them as they recruit, train and mentor volunteers.
- Together with other leadership, external supporters and experts, and all staff, support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion readiness strategies and continuous improvement among staff, volunteers, program offerings, and communications/engagement across the council.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You’re passionate about supporting girls as they build the world they want to see and lead.
- You know you can meet objectives and solve problems through strategic vision and tactical execution.
- You can show how your leadership, management, and interpersonal skills have created positive and productive collaborations with partners within and outside the organization.
- You have a high degree of demonstrated intercultural competency and ability to adapt programs, communication, and engagement strategies to best support diverse members and stakeholders.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in education, youth development, management, program management, community organizing or related field or equivalent experience. A master’s degree would be great too.
- Your work experience includes executive or senior level management, and you’ve worked in community organizing and/or program development – or you can see how your experience has prepared you.
GIRL SCOUTS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK BECAUSE:
- We offer market competitive salaries. For Vice Presidents, starting salary is $114,750 annually.
- Our benefits are unmatched – 403b match up to 8%, health and dental insurance, generous PTO, 12 weeks of paid family leave, an infants-at-work program, life and disability insurance paid on your behalf, staff development opportunities, and more.
- We are committed to being an anti-racist organization with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and racial justice.
- Our staff are deeply committed to championing our mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
READY TO JOIN THE GIRL SCOUT TEAM?
- Read the full position description and apply at gsrv.gs/gsrv-openings