- POSITION: Administrative Assistant
- JOB TYPE: Hourly, Part Time
- HOURS: 24 hours per week
- CLOSING DATE: November 23, 2022
- SUPERVISOR: Finance & Operations Manager
- STARTING SALARY RANGE: $18-$21 per hour
Ampersand Families provides permanency and adoption services to older youth and families who face barriers to equity in child welfare, and champions systemic changes that advance belonging, dignity and hope. We are seeking experienced professionals who understand the profound impact that child welfare intervention has on the lives of children, youth and families. A successful candidate for this position will be curious about the many ways permanency work can restore belonging, dignity and hope. As an organization, Ampersand Families strives to strategically address systemic inequity and barriers to permanency for older youth, youth of color and sibling groups.
Ampersand Families is proud to be an employer of choice with an organizational culture of excellence that embraces humor, learning and collegial support. We employ professionals who are accountable for learning the skills, building the relationships and investing the time required to achieve and support real outcomes for youth, families and excellence in the programs designed to support them.
We are seeking an administrative professional to support the day-to-day operations of a busy, evolving nonprofit. A successful candidate for this position will be enthusiastic about being involved with both operations and programmatic activities – all aimed at supporting the success of older youth from foster care and the families who adopt them.
The Administrative Assistant will contribute to Ampersand Families’ mission by responding to the daily operational and programmatic needs of the organization.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Answer the main phone line and direct call to appropriate person
- Take meeting minutes for Board and Staff meetings
- Organize and distribute materials for Board meetings
- Order food for meetings and events
- Order office supplies
- Arrange Copier maintenance and procure copier supplies
- Assist in administrative tasks related to onboarding new employees
- Train new employees on copier functions
- Scan and electronic “filing” of documents
- Updating documents for logo, font and stylistic consistency
- Storage/supply room organization
- Manage the kitchen for cleanliness and supplies
- Manage Agency fax, phone and email accounts
- Minor Website edits
- Data entry in fundraising and program databases
- Generate donor acknowledgments
- Create and maintain schedule for routine mailings to prospective families and donors
- Fundraising and community event support
- Support for implementation of organization’s communications plan
- Assist with fundraising mailings
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED certificate required, some higher education preferred
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner
- Skill in coordinating tasks and projects
- Personal and professional commitment to anti-racism work, and understanding of the impact of systemic racism on the lives of youth who end up in the child welfare system. Willingness to engage in difficult, respectful conversations for the purpose of strengthening the organization, the child welfare field and interpersonal relationships with colleagues
- Computer skills, including Office Suite and databases. Familiarity with the Microsoft Teams/Sharepoint environment, is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a diversity of peoples and groups
- Preferable skills/experience: volunteer or professional experience working in an administrative role, especially in a nonprofit and/or organization serving youth and families
A background check is required.
This position requires a commitment of 24 hours, spread over 3 to 5 days, per week. Specific days and work hours are negotiable. This position will work out of our Roseville office at 1751 County Road B, West, Suite 300, Roseville, MN 55113. Some in-state travel may be necessary.
As part of our commitment to equitable hiring practices, we offer the highest starting salary based on an applicant’s qualifications that the agency is able to pay. Therefore, we do not engage in salary negotiations at hiring. There is a 3% pay increase after successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
Ampersand Families has a very competitive benefit package, including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan, 20 Days of PTO pro-rated for Full-time equivalency (accrued per year; increases with each year of employment), 10 floating holidays plus Juneteenth and Election Day paid holidays, Paid Parental Leave, and Short-term Disability Bank (accrue 5 days/year of service).
Employees are provided with a work laptop and work cell phone. They are also provided with a company credit card. Mileage is reimbursed for local travel. All staff are provided a budget of $350 yearly for ongoing training and education.
Before accepting an offer, candidate is given an opportunity to meet with current staff to get a further sense of the Agency culture and to ask any questions they may have.
Ampersand Families acknowledges that this is a time of significantly heightened stress for
many in our community, and we recognize that this may impact a candidate’s readiness to
apply for a new position. A thorough outline of our agency’s typical hiring process and
timeline is included on our website. We encourage interested candidates to submit
application materials and indicate if they need accommodations in the hiring process (which
may include a different pace for interviews, flexibility in interview times).
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Al Willig, email@example.com by
Wednesday, November 23 rd, 2022.