Trellis is a nonprofit organization that provides services, information and connections that help people optimize well-being as they age. We are innovators in the field of aging and work to create new products, services and relationships to meet the changing needs of a growing population of older adults. Through partnerships with community organizations, healthcare organizations and others, we connect social and medical care for better health outcomes for older adults and their caregivers. We are committed to serving our communities with equity and inclusivity.
The Vice President of Communications and Engagement reports to the President and CEO and is an integral member of the enterprise leadership team. The VP is responsible for developing the communication and engagement strategy for Trellis and contributes to the organizational strategic planning process. The VP develops a communications plan and directly manages communications, engagement and outreach activities that promote, enhance and protect the organization’s brand reputation and make our services desirable to our business and individual customers. This position operates across the organization and engages in many facets of our mission-focused work internally and externally.
- Develops and implements an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the organization’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities and increase the usage of its products and services.
- Cultivates and enhances meaningful relationships with high-level audiences, including the media, public officials and key influencers.
- Oversees development of external communications, including the annual report, marketing collateral materials and electronic communications with multiple websites and social media streams.
- Directs the work of the communications team and manages external vendors.
- Serves as a spokesperson and lead on media interactions that help promote and impact the organization and prepares talking points, testimony, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency.
- Experience managing and executing across several communications channels.
- Results-oriented, decisive, and analytical with ability to assess risks and opportunities quickly, create a plan and pivot when needed.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of aging services, healthcare and nonprofit organizations strongly preferred.
What we offer you?
- Over 25 years of successful leadership in home and community-based services
- Strong, consistent history of growth, financial stability and effective leadership
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life, disability
- Generous time off benefit of 26 days of PTO annually plus 10 holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a match of 5% salary
- Positive, supportive, and collaborative work environment
To learn more about this opportunity, please explore our website. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume online at trellisconnects.org/careers
We are seeking BIPOC applicants for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Leave a Reply