ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: Every Meal exists to fight child hunger through community and school partnerships. Through our network of community partners, we work hard to get food to kids who live in food insecurity, which means they don’t always know where their next meal is coming from. Every Meal strives to make a difference in children’s lives by specifically focusing on food “gaps” – the times when the children aren’t at school to access the meal programs. We have had tremendous growth in the last ten years, going from serving one school to over 500 distribution sites, but there are still 300,000 kids in Minnesota who don’t have enough to eat.
Every Meal develops and supports successful partnerships between sponsoring community organizations and schools in need. This partnership-based model has allowed us to make a broad and sustainable impact in the fight against child hunger, because we believe that it is not a supply problem, but a distribution problem.
Fight child hunger through community and school partnerships.
Every child. Every meal. ™
- Relationships: All our work relies on intentional relationships. We take care of each other and work together to best fight child hunger in our community. At Every Meal, relationships are key to learning, building, and taking action to create an organization and culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and anti-racist.
- Commitment: Ambition and drive are fundamental aspects of our mission and program, and we must employ them every day. We recognize that mere adequacy does not align with our mission. To be a dynamic team, we need versatility and a commitment to getting the job done.
- Thoughtful Communication: We use thoughtful communication in all our interactions by being timely, informed, purposeful, and on-brand.
- Positive Impact: Our actions must deliver a positive and equitable impact on children and the community through measurable results, continuous improvement, and a dignified experience. We always strive for program growth to provide more nutritious, delicious, and relevant meals to more children through community engagement and innovation.
Every Meal intentionally creates a team-focused environment. While our departments and staff have areas they specialize in, we have a regular practice of events and activities that allow our staff to engage in activities outside of their specialties. For example, staff might help set up and facilitate a mobile packing event or talk to donors during a donor event. While these activities don’t happen often, they help us all have a more complete perspective on our organization and recognize that we can’t feed more children without working together to accomplish our goals.
***Application review will start on 3/24/23***
The Community Engagement Coordinator plays a key role in Every Meal’s (EM) fundraising and communications efforts with our faith-based, corporate, and service organization partners. These community partners play a significant role in our impact on child hunger by providing philanthropic and/or volunteer support. The Community Engagement Coordinator is a member of the Development team, and is responsible for implementing a community engagement plan to identify, engage and solicit key partners and sponsors.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is comfortable both deepening existing relationships as well as creating new ones, all with the goal to connect and energize a variety of organizations—nonprofit and for-profit—and finding the synergies that will help us fight child hunger in Minnesota together with donations and volunteer time.
Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, work independently and as part of a team, use creativity and initiative to overcome obstacles, and complete tasks accurately and on deadline are all important skills for this position. Experience with fundraising, event tabling, public speaking, and/or donor stewardship is a plus. In addition, the person must possess excellent organizational skills, a desire to contribute to the team in a positive and adaptable manner, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires occasional participation in evening and weekend events scheduled within the Twin Cities area. Once onboarding is complete, this position can work remotely for some portion of the week. The Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the Community Engagement Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent and promote Every Meal with our community partners, including service organizations, faith-based and community groups, and Minnesota businesses
- Build and maintain strong donor relationships with an assigned portfolio of Every Meal’s current community sponsors and corporate partners
- Research and identify potential new business and organizational partners and proactively initiate a relationship to grow donations and volunteering
- Communicate regularly and professionally with Every Meal’s network of corporate and organizational donors and volunteers
- Utilize Every Meal’s customer relationship management platform to record and track activities with accuracy and timeliness, including updating organizational information and donor pledges
- Provide an integral voice to Every Meal with specific focus on emerging and creative methods to engage the community, fundraise, and increase the impact of the organization
- Model Every Meal values to all internal and external partners
- Articulate the importance and impact of philanthropy in all aspects of Every Meal
- BA/BS degree or two years of experience in fundraising, sales, public relations, alumni relations, volunteer relations, marketing, or other related fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse organizations and individuals across the community including a broad range of educational and religious institutions, nonprofits, businesses, and service organizations/clubs.
- Established record of effective communication with a range of audiences and stakeholders, including faith leaders, volunteers and organizational leaders
- Comfort and competence utilizing computer software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and related web-tools with the ability and willingness to learn new CRM systems and other technology.
- Flexibility to work evenings or weekends where needed
- Demonstrated understanding of an agreement to Every Meal’s mission – to fight child hunger through community and school partnerships
SUPERVISED BY: Community Engagement Manager
HOURS: Flexible, Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend events
STATUS: Exempt; minimum 40 hours/week
SALARY RANGE: $45,000-$55,000
- Generous PTO:
- Starting 5 weeks general PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 16 hours volunteering outside of Every Meal
- 6 Summer Fridays off with pay
- Flexible work environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision Group Benefit Plan
- Video and in-home primary care clinic Eligibility
- Short- & long-term disability
- Organization match of Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Cell Phone Allowance
Equal Employment Opportunity
Every Meal is an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment and advancement opportunities for all. Employment decisions at Every Meal are based on community needs, job requirements and individual qualification. People of Color, LBGTQ, Veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Every Meal is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to the growth and development of individuals from the communities we serve. We are continually working to improve being an organization that is welcoming, accepting, and equitable for those on our team, our partners, and the community, especially the part of our community that is BIPOC and/or traditionally and/or currently marginalized.
Leave a Reply