Position Type: Full-time
Location: Flexible, with on-site events work, and periodic in-office meetings at MHQ’s Minneapolis headquarters.
Reporting: This position reports to the Events Manager
Supervision / Oversight: Supervises summer high school intern. May have additional direct reports as company grows
About the Position
The Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator is a key position on the MHQ team, implementing client and executive director vision. Guided by MHQ’s values, this individual coordinates with both the CEO and client teams to deliver stellar marketing communications services.
The Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator is responsible for providing marketing communications oversight and implementation, and event support, for approximately six organizations, including MHQ.
Driven by our values, MHQ team members are supported with transparent, consistent processes and clear accountabilities. Each team member sets and delivers on annual, quarterly, and weekly goals.
- 5+ years of marketing communications experience working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in an association management company or multi-client agency environment highly desired.
- Strong understanding of the role of marketing communications in driving organizational growth efforts.
- Highly adaptable and embraces regular improvements and modifications to systems and processes.
- Desire to support multiple client non-profit associations in leading and implementing the full marketing communications functions, including project management, leading committee meetings, and overseeing follow-up actions and tasks.
- Experience in marketing communications planning and implementation, including sound business writing skills across platforms, and developing, managing, and implementing social media campaigns.
- Desire to work across and support departments, including events and membership.
- Organized and responsive, with a strong attention to detail, strong discipline, and an outstanding work ethic.
- Committed to continuous improvement and health of MHQ and our clients.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology, acquiring new technical skills, and recommending continual improvements. A basic understanding of HTML desired.
- Events coordination knowledge, specifically virtual events (i.e., webinars), preferred.
Marketing Communications Planning and Implementation
- Responsible for oversight and brand management of all client and MHQ communications;
- Create, maintain, and implement annual, quarterly, and monthly marketing communications plans and calendars for multiple clients and MHQ;
- Directly responsible for implementing marketing communications tactics, including copywriting, graphics selection, and electronic communication layout in multiple technology systems, including websites, e-blasts, newsletters, and social media;
- Project management and implementation of MHQ new business proposals, client quarterly reports, team biographies, and other internal communications;
- Manage public relations efforts for MHQ including developing and maintaining MHQ media list, creating press release content within existing templates, researching and submitting award applications, and researching and recommending speaking opportunities for MHQ leadership;
- Manage MHQ client recognition programs;
- Manage internal and external marketing communications projects;
- Ensure plans and processes are regularly entered, updated, and managed in project management system;
- Provide regular reports to CEO, Executive Directors, Client Committees, and Department Leads;
- Work in partnership with the membership team, events team, and Executive Directors to implement marketing communications campaigns;
- Quickly gain thorough understanding of MHQ and client processes, systems, and team.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the MHQ and client marketing communications operations and processes;
- Work with MHQ staff to develop client marketing communications documentation, including schedule of regular events, services performed, and Standard Operating Procedures and processes;
- Implement regularly scheduled updates of documenting department processes and procedures;
- Gain working knowledge of multiple client Association Management Systems (AMS) and other technology used to support client marketing communications management;
- Train and support clients and team members in working collaboratively within marketing communications processes.
Client Relationship Management
- Serve as staff liaison to client marketing communications committees;
- Define and communicate marketing communications policies and procedures for clients, in coordination with Executive Directors and CEO;
- Perform other duties as requested from time to time by clients or other team members.
- Support Events Manager and Executive Directors in the coordination and operations of client and MHQ events including:
- Manage 2 – 3 monthly webinars
- Support 4 – 5 client annual conferences
- Assist with other client and MHQ events as requested
- Attend and work at client events, both in-person and virtually.
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary for this position is $55,000 – 70,000. Benefits package includes Medical Coverage, Health Savings Account (HSA), Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Long Term Disability Coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transportation Program, Transportation Reimbursement, Mobile Phone Reimbursement, Professional Development Fund, and up to 3% match on Retirement Savings Plan.
MHQ also provides employees with Half Day Fridays, Comp Time to support work/life balance, Flexible Schedule options, and Team Events.
To Apply Please submit cover letter and resume, including your salary requirements, electronically to Leah.Goldstein.Moses@management-hq.com. Title your e-mail “Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator – MHQ.”