Day of Honoring, Learning and Action
June 18, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Metropolitan State University’s Anti-Racism Coalition (ARC) and Office of Equity and Inclusion are hosting an on-campus commemorative event to mark the 1-year anniversary of George Floyd’s murder.
This occasion will offer an opportunity for the entire community:
• To honor the lives of George Floyd, Daunte Wright, Philando Castile and many Black lives as well as the loss of lives in other communities of color, including Asian and Asian American women in the Atlanta killing spree.
• To broaden our understanding about the history and experience of Black, Indigenous, LatinX and Asian-Americans.
• To act collectively to end structural and systemic racism in our community and society.
• To find ways for everyone to honor, teach and engage.
All event activities will be held entirely outdoors at Metropolitan State University’s St. Paul campus surface parking lot located at 400 Maria Avenue (on the corner of Maria Avenue and East Sixth Street), St. Paul, MN 55106.
This event is free and open to the public, however, registration is required by going to https://dayofhonoringlearningandaction.eventbrite.com
Rep. John Thompson is a member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, representing District 67A which includes all or portions of Saint Paul’s Greater East Side, Payne-Phalen, Hayden Heights, Frost Lake, Hillcrest and Phalen Village neighborhoods.
If you need disability-related accommodations, including parking, to make this event accessible, please contact the Center for Accessibility Resources, 651-793-1549 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the event.
Follow Metropolitan State University’s Anti-Racism Coalition on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MetroStateARC
Please contact Jill Beaulieu Wilkie at email@example.com or the Office of Equity and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Metropolitan State University
- View Organizer Website