‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Musical’ Casting Call
October 22 @ 2:00 pm-8:00 pmFree
Children’s Theatre Company seeks youth ages 12-18 to audition for the upcoming ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Musical,’ running April 22-June 18, 2022! Learn more about the show and auditions here: https://childrenstheatre.org/about-us/work-with-us/auditions/#auditions-listing
CTC is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of young people to tell our stories onstage. We strongly encourage and welcome student actors who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color, performers with disabilities as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities. We are gender-inclusive – all are welcome.
Due to our current COVID protocol, we will only be casting youth 12-18 who will be fully vaccinated by March 1, 2022.
Thursday, October 21 3pm – 8pm
Friday, October 22 2pm – 8pm
Saturday, October 23 10am – 1pm
• We will be holding these auditions in person at the Children’s Theatre Company at 2400 Third Avenue South/Minneapolis 55404.
• We share the building with the Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia). Our entrance for auditions is through the Stage Door on the south side of the building across from the parking ramp.
• We will be following our COVID protocol for these auditions – everyone will be masked. We ask that only one parent/guardian attend – and that adult must show proof of vaccination to enter the building.
• To sign up for a time slot and fill out our audition form, follow this link: https://airtable.com/shrIiIK9DpzA0mn7B
What to Prepare
• There is no need to prepare anything. We will teach you a song and a dance combination during the time of the audition. Please come dressed to move in comfortable clothing and shoes.
If the artistic team would like to see you again to spend more time with the work, those callback times will be Saturday, October 23 from 2:00pm – 7:00pm and Sunday, October 24 from 10:00am – 1:00pm. Please be aware that we will be contacting people Friday evening and Saturday early afternoon to set up callback times. It will be a quick turnaround.
To ensure the safety of our company and audiences from COVID-19, we will follow all CDC guidelines, along with our industry union approved protocols throughout the production period. All company members must be fully vaccinated by March 1, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions to email@example.com.