- This event has passed.
Irish Fair of Minnesota
August 12-August 14$15 – $45
Shenanigan-again at the 2022 Irish Fair of Minnesota, the annual three-day outdoor celebration of all things Irish, when it returns to Saint Paul’s Harriet Island Friday, Aug. 12 through Sunday, Aug. 14. The Irish Fair of Minnesota is recognized as one of the most family-friendly events in the Twin Cities, one of the largest and most authentic Irish festivals nationwide, and, of course, great “craic.” (Irish slang for a good time!)
“Irish or no, you’ll have fun if you go” as this year’s roster of activities will feature more than 500 entertainers across nine stages including the return of the popular “wee” stages. Organizers are crafting a fantastic array of international, national, and local music, dance, storytelling, sports, cultural exhibits, native dogs, children’s’ activities, Irish hospitality options, and marketplace activities.
New additions to the Irish Fair of Minnesota this year will include pub trivia, games, an Irish Toast competition, the “Sea Shanty Sing-Along,” and comedy. The Real Irish Comedy Tour will showcase the best blend of Irish Comedic talent. A trio of Irishman – Dave Nihill from Dublin, Sean Finnerty from Longford, and Mick Thomas from Wexford – will be taking the stage both Friday and Saturday at Celtic Corner. Catch these hilarious voices of modern Ireland, accents included!
This year’s musical entertainment line-up spotlights internationally-renown Irish performers including We Banjo 3, Gaelic Storm, Skerryvore, The Friel Sisters, Aoife Scott, Patsy O’Brien, and Clare Cunningham. Several Minnesota-based Celtic bands will also hit the stage, including Wild Colonial Bhoys, Sweet Colleens, Paddy Wagon, The Northerly Gales, The Hounds of Finn, The Tim Malloys, The Inland Seas, and Locklin Road.
Other highlights of Irish Fair 2022 will include:
• More fun for the whole family! Kids 12 and under are FREE and, new this year, those
aged 13 – 17 will receive a reduced ticket price. Also NEW – on Saturday and Sunday mornings, families are encouraged to join the Wee Parades which will lead folks around the event grounds making stops along the way for interactive activities such as an Irish instrument petting zoo and cooking demos.
• A showcase for local Irish dance schools and groups. From youngsters to accomplished dancers, performances will take place on multiple stages throughout the fairgrounds.
• Irish hospitality featuring delicious food and beverage, cooking demonstrations hosted by Chef Shelagh Mullen, and several tipping options in the Guinness Pub tent. Visit the Hiway Credit Union’s Whiskey Hiway for samples of Dubliner and Red Locks Irish whiskeys and O’Shaughnessy Distilling’s Whiskey Experience for sips of their fine products. Afternoon Tea will also be offered on Saturday.
• Immersive and unique entertainment experiences, including a layout that provides an energetic vibe like that of Grafton Street in Dublin or the Latin Quarter in Galway.
• Unique Celtic merchandise, from kilts to claddaghs, will be sold by local and national vendors.
• The popular Irish Fair fundraiser – the ZeroK Couch Potato Run. The start and finish lines are a mere three meters apart! A coveted t-shirt, a beer (or soft drink) at the finish line, and bragging rights are included in the registration fee.
• Join us at Croke Park sports field for demonstrations and showcases of traditional Irish sports including Camogie and Hurling.
• Catholic Mass will be celebrated on Sunday at 10:15 a.m.
WHAT: The 42nd Irish Fair of Minnesota
WHEN: Friday, Aug. 12 3 – 11 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 13 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 14 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
WHERE: Harriet Island, Saint Paul, Minn.
WHY: Irish Fair of Minnesota is a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit and volunteer-driven organization dedicated to the promotion and cultivation of Irish culture and art in Minnesota, and the preservation of a rich heritage of traditions for future generations. All proceeds from the festival are reinvested in Minnesota’s Irish cultural community or shared with new immigrant groups through the Legacy Fund.
HOW/: General Admission tickets for 13 and over. Children 12 and under are FREE to attend.
TICKETS: NEW this year – Youth passes for those ages 13 – 17.
Early bird pricing through July 31.
Daily Pass – one day only Three-Day Weekend Pass
Early Bird Youth – $12 Early Bird Youth – $30
Early Bird Adult – $15 Early Bird Adult – $35
August 1 – 14, Youth – $15 August 1 – 14, Youth – $40
August 1 – 14, Adult – $20 August 1 – 14, Adult – $45
VIP experience tickets are also available for purchase and include admission, exclusive main stage access, shelter, seating, valet parking and food and beverage. Space is limited. 21+ only.
The Irish Fair of Minnesota is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and celebrating Irish culture and our community.
All proceeds from our events and other donations are invested in supporting the Irish Fair’s mission or in supporting our Irish & Celtic cultural and other immigrant communities. Our organization is primarily volunteer-driven and has an event manager, a volunteer board of directors and is supported by people throughout the state. Please consider joining our volunteer team or donating to our cause.
SOCIAL: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – @IrishFairMN
VIDEO: https://www.irishfair.com/about-irish-fair (courtesy of Visit Saint Paul)
Irish Comedy Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfSHDgefmE