- This event has passed.
Party For The Parks
June 21 @ 5:30 pm-8:30 pm$25 – $100
The Saint Paul Parks Conservancy is hosting its biggest fundraiser of the year on the longest day of the year. Party for the Parks – an evening of food, beer and wine, music, and family fun – will be held on Wednesday, June 21 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Phalen Park Picnic Pavilion.
Party for the Parks recognizes the outstanding volunteers who make our parks and rec programs excellent. Here are just a few of the awards and the volunteers being recognized:
• Golden Shovel Award: Marjorie Abrams for her tenacity and work to replace the aged playground at Wacouta Commons Park in downtown Saint Paul.
• Parks Volunteer of the Year Awards: Pat Owens for her tireless work in the Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom and the gardens at the Historic Streetcar Station.
• Friends of Parks and Trails Award: Scott Ramsay for his many years of service to public land and trails across Ramsey County.
• Saint Paul Garden Club Volunteer of the Year Award: Gretchen Cudak for her work designing and planning the club’s quarterly replanting of the 10 monumental urns in Rice Park.
• Park Stewardship Award: The Friends of Mears Park for their tireless work in this Lowertown jewel.
More awards will be announced soon including Rec Center Volunteer of the Year (sponsored by the Minnesota Timberwolves) and Volunteer Coach of the Year (sponsored by the Saint Paul Saints). Twin Cities entertainers Thomasina Petrus and Thom West will again provide an original song to recognize the volunteers of the year.
The celebration will also feature food from Dervish Mazza, Fresh India, Nelson’s Deli, and Mik Mart Ice Cream. There will be dancing to the Johnny Brown Experience, a bouncy house courtesy of the Saint Paul Saints baseball team which will include an appearance by its mascot, Mudonna, and a special announcement from the Minnesota Timberwolves about a new partnership with Saint Paul Parks.
WHAT: Saint Park Parks Conservancy’s Party for the Parks
WHEN: Wednesday, June 21
5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Phalen Park Picnic Pavilion, 1600 Phalen Dr., Saint Paul
TICKETS: There are a range of food and beverage tickets, from VIP Super Fan for $100, which includes a meal, priority seating, and a champagne reception, to a picnic box ticket for $25. There are also options to purchase tables for group seating.
Admission is FREE for those who do not want a meal.