- This event has passed.
Spotlight Science: Water
March 26 @ 10:00 am-2:00 pm$12.00
Spotlight Science is a regular program connecting you to current science, conducted at the University of Minnesota and in our community. Join researchers, students, and special guests for conversations and unique interactive experiences.
Water is an abundant resource in Minnesota—our state has over 11,000 lakes, 104,000 miles of rivers and streams, and 13 million acres of surface water. Water is essential for drinking, recreation, wildlife, and agriculture. It has shaped our cultures and history. It is through water that we will feel the impacts of climate change.
Visit the Bell Museum for a special day exploring, celebrating, and learning about what you can do to protect our state’s precious water resources.
– Visit a traveling version of the We Are Water Minnesota exhibit in the Nucleus
– Experience the Bell Museum original planetarium production, Minnesota Water Stories
– Learn how groundwater works underneath the soil
– Check-out demonstrations about the impacts of road salt on our aquatic ecosystems
– Get involved cleaning and protecting our river shorelines
– Make-and-take a non-toxic household cleaner
– And much more!
Special showings of Minnesota Water Stories will take place in the planetarium at 11:30am and 1:30pm. The show is recommended for audiences 10 years and older. About the show: What does water mean to you? What do you know about the issues facing water in Minnesota? What can you do to help keep Minnesota waters safe and clean? Minnesota Water Stories transports you around the state to see the beautiful views of rivers and lakes in Minnesota, watch scientists in action, and explore opportunities to help protect our most precious resource.
This is an in-person event at the Bell Museum. Activities and events will be held throughout the museum and are included in the cost of regular admission. Tickets for Minnesota Water Stories may be purchased online or at the Ticketing Desk.
– Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
– We Are Water Minnesota
– Capitol Region Watershed District
– UMN Water Resources Center