The Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder recently celebrated 80 years of publishing and serving the community!
The Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder is the Black-owned business in the state of Minnesota. Established in August 1934 by Cecil E. Newman, the Spokesman-Recorder today remains a family-run newspaper company that is African American and woman-owned, led by CEO/Publisher, Tracey Williams-Dillard, granddaughter to Mr. Newman.
The Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder is a newspaper committed to meeting the news and information needs of African Americans. The Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder is a strong institution with deep roots in the Minneapolis and St. Paul communities and has played a major role in events such as:
* Rondo Days
* UNCF Walk-A-Thon
* MEDA Annual Gala
* Northrop Auditorium’s presentation of the Dance Theatre of Harlem
* Minnesota Twins African American Heritage Celebration
* Minneapolis Urban League Family Day
* The Gathering
• The MSR hits the newsstands every Wednesday and mailboxes every Thursday
• The MSR has an estimated 40,000 weekly readers and over 10,000 e-Subscribers
• The MSR is a cultural and respectful link between African Americans and their community.
Amalgamated Publishers, Inc.
Metropolitan Economic Development Association
Minnesota Minority Media Coalition
Minnesota Newspaper Association
National Newspapers Publishers Association
Tracey Williams-Dillard – CEO/Publisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vickie Evans-Nash – Chief Managing Editor: email@example.com
Jerry Freeman -Senior Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paige Elliott – Online/Entertainment Editor: email@example.com
Bob Keller – Desktop Publisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Johnson – Front Desk: email@example.com
Laura Poehlman – Independent Contractor – Desktop Publisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spokesman-Recorder 501c3 Staff
Tracey Williams-Dillard – Executive Director: email@example.com
Tommy Clark – Distribution Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org