Do you have a passion for news and human interest stories in the Black community and communities of color? If so, the Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder may be looking for you!
We’re seeking journalists to pitch, research and write news stories, profiles, event recaps, and investigative pieces, etc. All contributors are paid per article. You may also receive media invites to attend special events in the area.
Interested writers should:
- Have at least one year of non-fiction writing experience (including media publications, blogs and college publications).
- Have a serious passion for the community.
- Know how to craft a news story and be able to identify trending or soon-to-be trending stories.
- This should go without saying, but you should be able to write clearly and concisely and have the ability to quickly turnaround your work. And write in a way that matches the voice of MSR without requiring heavy edits (or a complete rewrite).
- Be familiar with MSR news and stay up to date on what has (and has not) already been covered.
Sound interesting? Send your resume and writing samples now to email@example.com for consideration.