Mitchell Palmer McDonald
(l-r) Laurra Mohammed, Stephanie Baez, Courtney Wiley, Bedresia Tims, Jenna Dushaw, Diondra Howard, Cassondra Stahn, Cassandra Lavalle, Jaleza Lee and Porsha Hightower sum up Johnson’s boys’ basketball season in one word.
Here are six sporting accomplishments that stood out to me in 2010 (in no particular order):
1. ST. PAUL JOHNSON capturing the Class 3A boys’ basketball with a 32-0 record.
2. ST. PAUL CENTRAL’s football team going undefeated in the regular season.
3. MINNEAPOLIS NORTH winning the boys’ basketball City Conference title.
4. ST. PAUL HUMBOLDT capturing its first-ever City Conference girls’ basketball title.
5. The girls’ basketball team at MINNEAPOLIS ROOSEVELT capturing the City and Twin City championships.
6. The DELASALLE football team making it to the state playoffs in dominating fashion.
My top picture of 2010 is this one of Johnson High School students showing their support for the boys’ basketball team during the state tournament. No description needed — the picture and caption explain it all.
Mitchell Palmer McDonald welcomes reader responses to email@example.com.