1. KIERRE RHODES (St. Paul Johnson) — The RB had three touchdowns in the Governors’ 34-13 St. Paul City Conference victory over Harding.
2. ANTONIO WAGENER (St. Paul Harding) — The QB threw two TD passes in the Knights’ loss to Johnson.
3. SHELBY DELONEY (Minneapolis North) — Scored on runs of 77 and 63 yards in the Polars’ 24-18 setback against conference rival South.
4. TESHAUN CHILDS (Minneapolis South) — His two TD runs, each for one yard, in the first quarter got the Tigers off to a great start in a win over North.
5. LEO WADE (Minneapolis Henry) — The do-it-all QB ran for three TDs (one, nine and 63 yards), passed for another, and added a two-point conversion in the Patriots’ 46-22 city conference victory over Edison.
6. TALIB MUHAMMED (Minneapolis Edison) — Added a TD pass, ran for a four-yard score, and contributed a two-point conversion during the fourth quarter in a loss to Henry.
7. HASSAN ROBERTSON (Minneapolis Edison) — The QB is the top passer in the city conference.
8. KYLE HUGHES (Minneapolis Washburn) — He is the top receiver in the Minneapolis City Conference.
9. JAMES ONWUALU (Cretin-Derham Hall) — WR is currently averaging 12.4 yards per catch for the Raiders.
10. DUKE AYANWU (Blaine) — The QB has the Bengals off to a 3-0 start while quickly becoming one of the state’s top prospects.
11. D.J. HEBERT (Osseo) — The QB passed for one TD and added a two-point conversion pass in a 54-0 win over Coon Rapids.
Mitchell Palmer McDonald welcomes reader responses to email@example.com.