The Hennepin County Board of Commissioners is recruiting volunteers for 28 citizen advisory board positions through its annual open appointment process.
Each fall, the board appoints residents to volunteer service positions on advisory boards, commissions, councils, and special task forces. Appointees advise commissioners and help set policy on a variety of topics.
- Adult Mental Health Advisory Council — 11 vacancies
- County Extension Committee (University of Minnesota Extension) — four vacancies
- Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County — two vacancies (open to local elected officials)
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Board — three vacancies
- Human Resources Board — three vacancies
- Library Board — three vacancies
- Mental Commitment Attorney Panel Advisory Board — one vacancy
- Three Rivers Park District Board of Commissioners — one vacancy
Apply online at hennepin.us/advisoryboards. Hennepin County will accept applications through December 31, 2018. The board will conduct interviews beginning in January 2019.