Minneapolis high school juniors and seniors encouraged to apply
It’s never too early to plan for summer internships. The application period to apply for the Bank of America 2020 Student Leaders program is now open. The Student Leaders program is part of the bank’s ongoing commitment to recognize youth who lead and serve in their communities and beyond, connecting young people with the tools and resources that will help them make communities better. Each year, the program awards paid internships to high school juniors and seniors at a local nonprofit organization, and participation in a national leadership summit in Washington, D.C.
The application for the 2020 Student Leaders program is available now through January 31, 2020. To become a Student Leader, students must:
- Currently be a junior or senior in high school in Hennepin, Ramsey or Dakota Counties
- Be a student in good standing at their school
- Be able to participate in an eight-week paid internship at a local nonprofit organization and work 35 hours per week
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship through the end of September 2020
- Be able to participate in an all-expenses-paid week-long Student Leaders Summit in Washington, D.C. (July 13-18, 2020) as part of their eight-week experience
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator
Students should contact their recommender as soon as possible to provide them with the requirements listed at the end of the application. Students will need to upload the letter no later than the application deadline of January 31, 2020.
Prospective Student Leaders can apply online at www.bankofamerica.com/studentleaders.