In accordance with guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has adjusted its services, events, and operations to protect Minnesotans and prevent further spread of COVID-19.
The DNR public lands remain open but some buildings are closed. Also, many public events and meetings are canceled or postponed. Find the latest details below.
State parks, state forests, recreation areas, and other public lands remain open. The following facilities will remain open at state parks:
- Outdoor areas, campgrounds, camper cabins, yurts, remote campsites, overnight lodging facilities and some group centers
- Highway rest areas at Grand Portage, Gooseberry Falls and Tettegouche state parks
- Bathrooms, shower buildings and vault toilets that are already open for the season will remain open
- Park offices, visitor centers, nature stores, trail centers, indoor interpretive exhibits and enclosed picnic shelters
- Most park bathrooms with running water are still closed for the season and will remain closed
- All safety education training, including firearms safety training
- Deer open houses
- Elk input meetings in northwest Minnesota
All naturalist programs and public events at state parks are canceled until further notice. This includes:
- Visitor center programs
- Outdoor events
- School group activities
Online and phone options
The DNR urges the public to contact its office by phone, email, or online. Here are your options:
- Buy or renew licenses online
- Make or change camping and lodging reservations online or by phone at 866-857-2757
- Call your local DNR office
- Use email or phone (888-646-6367) to request information from the DNR Information Center
Updates on DNR website
Please check the DNR’s COVID-19 webpage regularly for additions and modifications to this list.
Updates available by email
To receive future updates by email on impacts to specific public lands and facilities, go to our signup page and subscribe to the DNR topics you are interested in.
Contact the DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157 or 888-MINNDNR (646-6367). Email the center at email@example.com. Hours are 8 am – 6 pm Monday-Friday and 8 am – 4:30 pm Saturday.