The COVID-19 crisis continues to have far-reaching impacts on the lives and health of all Minnesotans. Many organizations are stepping up to meet the needs of the community, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation.
The Foundation has created a $750,000 COVID-19 rapid response fund that will be open as of April 1, 2020. The Foundation invites applications for grants between $5,000–$25,000 aimed at addressing immediate needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants are for a six-month period from the date funding is awarded. Grant applications will be reviewed and funded every two weeks until available funds are depleted. Priority focus areas include but are not limited to:
- Child care for health care workers, emergency workers, and other priority populations
- Emergency food shelf and food delivery for vulnerable people
- Support for people experiencing economic insecurity
- Anti-xenophobia and anti-bias efforts related to COVID-19
- Homelessness or housing insecurity exacerbated by the crisis
Priority applicants include current Foundation grantees and nonprofit partners of the Center for Prevention at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota. Other nonprofits with unique capabilities to serve vulnerable populations may also apply. Vulnerable populations include older adults, people who are immunocompromised, indigenous and people of color (IPOC), LGBTQ and persons with differing abilities.
If you have questions about this funding opportunity, please reach out to a Foundation senior program officer:
- Bilal Alkatout Bilal.Alkatout@bluecrossmnfoundation.org or 651-662-2734
- Claire Chang Claire.Chang@bluecrossmnfoundation.org or 651-662-7416
- Allison Corrado Allison.Corrado@bluecrossmnfoundation.org or 651-662-4613
For questions about the application process, please contact Operations Manager Janet Jablonske at Janet.Jablonske@bluecrossmnfoundation.org or 651-662-7417.
Applications are due on Wednesday, April 8; Wednesday, April 22; and Wednesday, May 6, 2020; all at noon Central Time, through the online application.