Community members are invited to a virtual town hall hosted by Mpls City Council VP Andrea Jenkins. The meeting will allow residents to engage with Minneapolis Police Department Chief Arradondo about the status of the MPD and its protocol for responding to gun shots and violent crime in the area.
The meeting will also address how the City plans to transition to other forms of response—particularly for nonviolent offenses and preventing violent crimes that don’t perpetuate further harm in our communities from MPD. Sasha Cotton, the director of the Office of Violence Prevention will also join the town hall to address these concerns. Cotton’s office is increasing its funding, capacity, and work with violence interruption outreach workers.
- 4:30 pm – 4:35 pm Allow time for folks to join the call
- 4:35 pm – 4:55 pm Welcome and introduction by CVP Jenkins
- 4:55 pm – 5:00 pm Remarks by Jen White, Public Safety Policy Advisor to Mayor Frey
- 5:00 pm – 5:10 pm Updates from MPD Chief Medaria Arradondo
- 5:10 pm – 5:20 pm Updates from Sasha Cotton, Director of the Office of Violence Prevention
- 5:20 pm to 6:15 pm Input + Questions from Community members facilitated by CVP Jenkins
- 6:15 pm to 6:30 pm Closing remarks
When: Wednesday, Aug. 5 from 4:30-6:30 pm
How to Participate: Join the event online or by phone via Microsoft Teams using the instructions at this link: bit.ly/PublicSafetyTownHallAug5.
By phone: +1-612-276-6670 Conference ID: 407 202 74#