One solace to the shorter days at the start of the winter is the bursts of color on the streets at night. Whether you’re on a budget or just looking for some low-key fun for the family, there’s nothing like driving around town with loved ones, especially kids, to savor the festive lights. Below are just a few highlights of residential light displays in the community.
- 33rd & 30th Ave. S. (three houses together)
- 35th St. & 25th Ave., S.
- 3808 18th Ave. S.
- 4021 16th Ave. S.
- 4239 13th Ave. S.
- 44th & Pillsbury Ave. S. (corner)
- 5205 Washburn Ave. S. (synchronized to music on 104.9 FM)
- 283 Washburn Ave. N.
- 53rd and Penn Ave. N. (30,000 lights display)
- Holiday Lights on York Avenue, 1526 York Ave. (11 yards lit up and synchronized to 91.5 FM)
- The Beaumont’s Holiday Light Show, 229 21st Ave. S (synchronized to music on 97.1 FM)
- Rice Park, 109 W. 4th St.
- Friends of Mears Park, 261 5th St. E.
- 1400 E. 96th St.
- 10730 Xerxes Ave. S.
- 9331 Chicago Ave. S.
- 1000 Mound Spring Terrace
- Holiday Lights Drive-Thru at Martin Luther Campus (senior living community), 1401 E. 100th St. (free and open to all)
Find more Bloomington listings by going to www.bloomingtonmn.gov/pr/bloomington-winter-lights-tour.